Choosing Term Paper Topics On Unemployment: Best Recommendations
The subject of unemployment can be used when writing a term paper for a number of different academic courses. For example, you may be looking at unemployment in a geographical sense, either in terms of different cities and regions in a specific country or on a global scale. Equally, you may wish to look at the history of unemployment. Alternatively, subjects such as business and economics may also look at unemployment, as might a variety of the social sciences.
The style of essay that you will write, as well as the topic that you choose to base the work on, will very much depend upon the subject that you are studying and writing the work for. For example, whilst it may be appropriate to look at unemployment in different countries for a subject like geography, this might be less appropriate for a subject such as history, unless you are comparing both countries’ unemployment rates from the past.
Where to find relevant information
Before you think of a topic to write about, you need to be sure that you will be able to find relevant information to back up any points that you make. As a result, it can be a good idea to do some brief research based on any topic that you might like to write about, before you decide for certain that you want to use that title for your term paper.
You may wish to look on the websites or in any journals published by major global organisations, such as the United Nations, and other international institutions. If you are happy that you will be able to carry out any necessary research based on a topic that you like the sound of, then it may be appropriate to proceed.
To give you an idea of some topics that you could write about, you may wish to peruse the list below.
- A comparison of unemployment rates during boom and bust periods
- An analysis of unemployment rates in all 50 states of America
- Cities with the highest unemployment rates in the world
- What can be done to tackle youth unemployment rates?
- Should the government do more to tackle high unemployment rates?
- What affect does high unemployment rates have on the economy of the country?
- A case study of someone in long-term unemployment
- Should unemployed people have the right to unconditional welfare payments?
- An analysis of the demographics of unemployed people
- What effect does unemployment have on the morale of an individual?