A List Of The Most Interesting Research Paper Topics On World Literature
Writing a research paper on world literature is a very interesting and challenging task. Literature can be viewed from the standpoint of the text itself, or its author. Literature is always connected with other disciplines such as Translation Studies, Literary Studies, Linguistics, etc.; thus, there are always many aspects to be researched.
Therefore, the topics available for world literature research papers might be quite diverse. They may relate to the history of literature, national literatures, ancient literature, a particular literary figure, the relation of literature with other forms of art, etc.
In the list below, you can find some interesting ideas for topics on world literature. They will relate to all the above-mentioned aspects.
- The Lake Poets as a phenomenon of English literature.
- Development of Western European literature in the 20th century.
- World literature and the polysystem theory.
- The role of translation in popularizing the masterpieces of world literature.
- Contemporary literary theories: the key tendencies.
- World literature within the framework of cultural studies.
- The contribution of Asian poets to the treasury of world poetry.
- Scottish writers and world literature.
- The distinguishing features of postcolonial American literature.
- The greatest American poets of the 19th century.
- The literary scholars of the USA.
- The world’s famous literary awards.
- The Nobel Prize winners in literature of the 21st century.
- Peculiarities of feminist literature in Eastern Europe.
- Early American literature: main themes and topics.
- The key features of postmodern prose.
- Stream of consciousness as a characteristic feature of modernist literature.
- The reminiscence of ancient literature motives in modern European prose.
- African-American literature: its history, development, and key representatives.
- Literature as a nation-shaping factor in the world.
- Functions of world literature.
- Contribution of Latin American writers to world literature.
- Chinese and Japanese literature of the 20th century.
The notion of world literature is all-embracing and very complex. Various scholars view and classify it differently. However, in any case, its research requires precision, scrutiny, and careful analysis. It’s impossible to understand the text without paying attention to the biography of its author, and conversely, to study the life and creativity of writers without analyzing the themes and plots of their works.
The topics suggested in this article articulate the main problems of world literature, demonstrate various approaches towards its study, and uncover new, interesting aspects of future literary research.